Sunday, August 5, 2012

More Garden Of The Dead

And we continue our trip through Wyuka Cemetery in Lincoln, Nebraska.  I find different interesting aspects of each of these markers.  Some are beautiful because of their traditional nature, some because of a modern or art deco aesthetic and some for there overall artistry even if they represent a style that doesn't really speak to me.

This I found beautiful in a slightly creepy haunted cemetery statue coming to life kind of way.





The rough hewn natural aspect of this stone captured my attention.

Grand Army of the Republic (G.A.R.) Union soldiers monument.


This again captured that haunted cemetery feeling for me.



Simple, elegant, and vaguely evocative of the World's Fair/EPCOT.

Monolithic and elegant.


I found the relief on this to be very nice pluce the simple elegance of the stone itself.



Another great relief.

No comments:

Post a Comment