Thursday, July 28, 2011

Living the Wild Life

While sitting tapping away at my keyboard on Tuesday, Mother Nature sent me a guest.  It came in the form of a racoon just outside the sliding glass doors into the backyard where I was cat-sitting.  By the time I ran to the garage to get my camera out of the car, he had wandered off.  I threw some bread crumbs outside (which I know I shouldn't do) in the hopes that he would return which he did about an hour later.

I have photographed this racoon (or one of his relatives) before.  The house is bordered on two sides by nature preserve and there's only one house on the other side before more nature preserve so there is an abundance of wildlife to see.  In the past we've seen bobcats, alligators, otters, herds of frogs, snakes, spiders the size of your hand, armadillos, and all kinds of birds.





1 comment: