Thursday, July 21, 2011

Adventureland

Adventureland is my favorite land at the Magic Kingdom (Tomorrowland was a close second before its 1994 transformation).  There is such an array of architectural styles mixed in with the natural beauty of the encroaching jungle.  Every turn reveals a gorgeous vista (well, maybe a couple of the vistas have been marred by additions over the last ten years or so).  Here are a couple of drawings I did in the early 90's.

This is one of several facades that make up the former Adventureland Veranda restaurant.  This drawing was just just a rough sketch.  I never got around to doing a cleaned up version.  In fact, I didn't even remember this drawing until digging it out of a file drawer.  Perhaps it's a task I should now undertake.

As we enter the Caribbean Plaza area of Adventureland we encounter the home of the Pirates of the Caribbean.  They've apparently begun their seige as their flag flies from the clock tower.

1 comment: