Thursday, May 24, 2012

Vintage Florida Adventures - Gatorland

Spent the day at Gatorland yesterday.  Even though I've lived most of my life in Central Florida I had somehow never made it to this attraction.  We had a blast.

There's a setting on my camera called "Sparkle" which I was experimenting with over the weekend.  I had forgotten that is was on and so the first couple of pictures look a little magical.



This guy was BIG!


We found this turtle to be very humorous.  What an odd position to get yourself into.



Always looking for a hand out.




This just about cracked me up.  This guy must have thought he was something special.

We got to feed the aligators chunks of steak.  We were brought inside their enclosure and this is what awaited us.  We got withing two feet of them and tossed the steak to them.

This guy didn't seem happy about something.  "Get off my lawn you damn kids!"


More hungry mouths to feed.

One of many shots I took of birds surfing on gators.

Here Nick was tossing pieces of hotdogs to the gators.  Sometimes the birds were faster like here where they all swooped in trying to win the prize.  Right after this a bird flew up to the guy next to us and ripped a whole package of hot dogs right out of his hand!  It was pretty unbelievable.

I was sure that this bird was going to become a snack but he flew out of the water in the nick of time.

Panorama from the observation tower (trying to try all of the settings on my camera).


No privacy at all around this place!

1 comment:

  1. Those look like some happy alligators, lounging in the sun.

    Funny that, while one turtle is perched on the alligator's back, another is serving as a pillow.

    The surfing bird cracks me up, but the alligators lifting their heads out of the water remind me of the worst nightmare I ever had.

    What a comical expression on the tortoise's face!

    Your panorama shot reminds me that a friend of Ranney's and mine did the ziplining experience that passes over the enclosures.

    ReplyDelete