Thursday, May 17, 2012

Adventures In The Florida Wilds - Circle B Bar Reserve

Nick and I were back at the Circle B again today to try and finish the trail we couldn't do on the last trip because there was a very large aligator blocking it.  While we did see a number of gators today, it was really a day for bird watching.  There were tons of birds of all shapes and sizes and I managed to get some pretty good pictures if I do say so myself.  There were quite a few squirrels on the trail foraging in the damp soil and several times we almost stepped on them.  They were ridiculously non-skittish and refused to get out of the way.  At one point just as Nick was leaning into the brush to get a better view of a gator, he saw a quite large snake which he would have come into contact with.  He jumped back quickly and gave me a good chuckle.  Turtles were also in abundance.

This one was so hard to get.  The camera was zoomed all the way out and wanted to focus on everything except the bird.





Get out of my way!

These loony fellows were wading through the water, la-di-da, with twenty gators floating not one hundred feet away.  Not me!

Right after I snapped this one the guy in the boat waved.













Love this picture.  Even the gator and turtle stopped so as not to disobey the sign.



The snake that almost got Nick.













1 comment:

  1. It may have been difficult to take that first photo of the crane, but the hard work paid off - gorgeous!

    It's cool you caught two alligators in one picture. OMG - how far away from wading with our state reptile will I stay! I won't even get in the boat on the lake.

    I thought the alligator and turtle were keeping watch to prevent trespassing.

    The shots of the gator in the undergrowth frighten me, because I'm always afraid of happening on them when I don't expect it.

    Ooh! I hope you and Nick stay safe. Snakes and gators, and birds of prey - oh, my!

    Turtles make me happy!

    I love egrets.

    ReplyDelete