Tuesday, June 28, 2011

No Art Today

Well, as I hadn't prepared any art to post today, I suppose I'll have to ramble a bit.  A little background.  Last summer my partner and I split up after six years.  Shortly afterward I decided it might be in my best interest to move back to Florida where I grew up and have a large group of close friends.

This past weekend while at a toddler's birthday party a wise older friend and I had an interesting discussion.  It essentially boiled down to the fact that while she liked my ex, she could tell how much happier and creative I've been since the split and move to Florida.  This is only "news" because I hadn't really realized it myself.  So we discussed this at length and it really made me feel good.  I'm always sad when something comes to an end (especially something that I feel has reached that point prematurely) but it's so good to be able to frequently see all of my wonderful friends who lift me up in a way that no romantic partner ever has.

Now, I must create!

1 comment:

  1. So, this blog is like a game of Truth or Dare?

    I'm glad I help lift you up, but I do hope you also find your own version of a sexy black man someday. Love you!

    ReplyDelete