Saturday, June 25, 2011

LB-69's Album Covers

The LB-69's were a fictitious musical group comprised of a rotating group of friends and myself in high school and after.  We never actually did any singing but restricted ourselves to making music videos for popular (and sometimes not so popular) songs.  The name is based on the B-52's who were a huge influence on us in the late 80's and early 90's and our own group, the Lunch Bunch.  For the first sixteen or so videos I created artwork as if for 45rpm singles.  I also created album artwork for the six albums worth of songs that we made videos for over a four year period.  In 2009 I digitally recreated the album covers and that's what I'm posting today.  I was going to post the original hand drawn versions from the early 90's as well but they're packed away somewhere.



No comments:

Post a Comment