Thursday, September 1, 2011

A Night At DV8 Volumes Thirty-three & Thirty-four

This is the beginning of a different kind of cd cover.  The hand drawn days are over.  I'm skipping volumes 31 and 32 as they are just simple photographs with text layered over the top.  The remaining DV8 covers are all photo montages.  None of the models on the remaining covers are my photos but some of the backgrounds are.  Many of the backgrounds are actual photographs of the lighting inside Mannequin's Dance Palace.  This is where the covers can also occasionally be a little more risque.  Also, as the original digital files for many of these covers have vanished I had to scan the physical covers resulting in diminished quality.


Volume 33 features an actual Mannequins background.  The cutout job on the model was not so great on this one as there is some white edge showing.

Volume 34 is not a Mannequins background.

3 comments:

  1. Whoa! Similar yet so different. I think I prefer your drawings, but these are nice, too.

    I would not have noticed the white cut-out edge, if you had not pointed to it. Even so, it kind of looks like the guy's arm hair is glowing from being backlit by the club.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Backlit glow is a nice way to look at it I suppose. In reality, I probably prefer the hand drawn as well. Once we get to the new Dance Palace covers there is a lot more involved in their design and execution and they might well be my favorites (a couple in particular) but more on that when they eventually get posted.

    ReplyDelete