Saturday, January 5, 2013

A Trip To Bok Tower Gardens

Took my grandmother to Bok Tower today.  We had wanted to see the Pinewood Estate holiday home tour and this was the last weekend for it.  Here are some pictures from the day.  These will focus on the horticultural aspects of the visit since any pictures of the Tower and Pinewood Estate will be posted on Places To Go, Buildings To See.
OK, I'll include one picture of the tower.  This one is from the entrance road over the tops of the groves and other trees.

At the visitors center was this super cool decorative screen made out of air plants.










There were three of these butterflies together but the other two took off before I could snap this picture.




Dew dusted poinsettias.

In general I find citrus trees to be unattractive but these pruned ones really caught my eye.


Bromeliad.

This orange slice came with my lunch.  I didn't eat it but it looked really cool so I had to take a picture.

Kalanchoe.

Kalanchoe.




2 comments:

  1. How much do I love snapdragons, Spanish moss, poinsettias, and Saint Francis of Assisi?!! I really like that pagoda lamp they have at Bok Tower, too. And your colors are so vivid, and the definition is amazing in some of these photos. Also, I enjoyed your orange slice. Those Kalanchoe are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will admit that I made enhancements to some of the photos. It was necessary on some of them due to the angle of the sun that morning and such but there were several that upon download I thought, "WOW!". Sometimes it's hard to tell in the little screen how sharp something is.

    The kalancho has over a hundred varieties. I used to have a different variety than these and you can literally pull off a leaf and partially bury it in the dirt and it will grow a new plant. Love them!

    ReplyDelete