Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Me And My Pal, The Orange Bird

Only two more days until my traveling companions and I hit the road for the Hukilau in Fort Lauderdale.  I was contemplating taking Heimlich along for some new photo ops but then thought, "Hey, haven't you been wanting to do something with the Orange Bird for some time?"  For the uninformed, the Florida Orange Bird was a character developed by Disney to advertise the benefits of citrus for the Florida Citrus Growers when Walt Disney World opened.  The character had become all but extinct but thanks to overwelming fan devotion, he is slowly making a comback (a new Orange Bird sippy cup even debuted at the Sunshine Tree Terrace at the Magic Kingdom this week).  I don't want to do the same kind of thing with the Orange Bird that I do with Heimlich.  I want to try and keep all of his photos somehow related to his history with citrus or his association with the Sunshine Pavillion at the Magic Kingdom.  See a post with images from The Orange Bird record from 1971 at Disney Vacation Kingdom today.

Here's a little picture to start things off of the Orange Bird and I (in my Orange Bird shirt) that I snapped around midnight last night.  The late hour might explain the mildly psychotic look on my face.

No comments:

Post a Comment